Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Providing a little comfort

Another opportunity to give back to the community arose at work. One of my co-workers has organized a group to meet once a week at lunch to make blankets for Project Linus. This is a great not for profit group who gives homemade blankets to babies and children in the hospital, or homeless and those who lost a parent or sibling in one of the on going military actions. The idea is everyone needs a little comfort.

I’m currently knitting a baby blanket to be donated at the end of our first 8 weeks of being blanketeers. After this blanket I’m planning on knitting or crocheting (I need to learn how first) one for my daughter before I make another one for Project Linus. Since she is the second baby she didn’t get one when she was born and big brother isn’t giving his grandma blanket up any time soon. After the second donated blanket I’ll make him one so they both have a blanket from mom.

Charity should start at home and you never want to forget the ones closest to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment