Friday, July 6, 2007

Möbius Scarf


A few months ago when I was home with a sick little person I caught an episode of Knitty Gritty on DIY on möbius knitting. Since I already had WAY too many things going on including numerous started craft projects I wouldn’t let myself try one until I was done with all the masquerade costumes and Project Linus blankets. Well they are all done and I have completed my first two möbius scarves.

They look great. The one I did for myself looks good but the one I did for my daughter with the end of the skein looks even better. I ran out of yarn before I ran out of pattern to complete it even with skipping some of the rows. With some scrap yarn from a different project I finished it off and it look great. The contrasting edge really shows off the möbius twist.

Some of you maybe saying what is a möbius? According to Wikipedia, möbius is a surface with only one side and only one boundary.

No comments:

Post a Comment