I’m trying to remove a small pine tree from a very over crowded flower bed and managed to get a hand full of pine pitch. I tried dish detergent and liquid hand soap which failed. Then I had an idea of trying olive oil. Yes, OLIVE OIL and it worked. I washed my hands with the olive oil then with the dish detergent to get the oil off. It worked great and was not toxic so I was able to go right to cooking or playing with the kids.
Checking out Wikipedia they don’t mention using olive oil as a cleaner. Chrisjob at curbly.com has a list of 25 Alternate Uses for Olive Oil and pine pitch isn’t listed anywhere.