Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Walking

I've been trying to do more walking but I really need to make sure I don't walk away without doing some posting. :)

The last 1/2 of July I managed to walk 18 miles. Most of it over my lunch breaks. It’s a great way of reducing stress along with trying to get a little more fit.

Over the past two days I've come across two websites which could make a walker's life much easier. NotMarth.com posted a link to WalkScore.com which calculates how walk able your community is. After you type in your address it will tell you what in near you (grocery stories, parks, movies, gyms, etc) and how far they are. The Sierra Club e-newsletter The Green Life had information about public transportation which list all the public transportation for an area.

No comments:

Post a Comment