Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Cup Cake Cups for Lunch


You have no idea how silly I felt this morning taking a picture of my lunch. The idea of taking a photo of my lunch just to show off how much a Wilton’s Silicone Square Baking Cup could make a simple lunch look more appealing just seemed silly this morning. But I have to admit something so simple did make it look better. The only thing I would do differently next time is use the blue cups with the green lettuce.

I am still looking around for small bento bottles for my salad dressing along with some things to make the kids meals a bit more appealing to them. I’m hoping to find some of the bento egg molds, rice molds, and seaweed face cutters to make meals a bit more appealing to the kids who will alternate between loving something one week and refusing to touch it the next. I’m hoping the seaweed face cutters will also work on fruit leather.

Today’s breakfast is leftover homemade mac & cheese made with Ancient Harvest gluten-free elbow pasta, canned corn, and carrots with wax and green beans. (I really need to unpack my small cookie cutters to cut cheese and other things to make this look even more appealing.) Lunch is a salad of home grown lettuce, sharp cheddar cheese, dried cranberries, and slightly candied walnuts with a raspberry dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment