Thursday, September 6, 2007

Candied Sushi

I have one of those jobs that occasionally I get to surf the web to see how other people present certain elements of their pages. Since this can be time consuming and even tedious I try surfing for things I have an interest in as wells a variety of industries to make sure I get a broad cross section. Last week during one of those surfing sessions I not only found a variety of what I was looking for I also found a fun recipe to try.

Rachel Ray has posted a recipe for Candied Sushi that is wheat-free and could be fun to take to a party. Her recipe is a variation of a crisp rice treat with licorice and dried fruit leather. The photos on her site make it look easy to make and very tasty.

Candied Sushi is actually how I was introduced to NotMartha.com. She has a section of faux foods which includes candied sushi and links to many variations. The one I tried was from USA Rice and called for sushi rice, coconut milk, water, sugar and crystallized ginger. I left off the toasted coconut because of personal preferences. It takes a little practice to make beautiful rolls but no one had any problems helping to eat the messy pieces. This tasty treat can be made a head of time but needs to be eaten within 2 days. If you have sushi lovers with a sweet tooth around this will not be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment