Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Avocado Slicer

The “evil” friend, Moi Mo, isn’t all that bad after all he did invite me to visit him in Maui and he introduced me to his handy dandy avocado slicer. I’m usually one for less gadgets and ones that are multi functional. A paring knife fore example can do everything an avocado slicer can and so much more and it takes up relatively little space in my very small 1950’s galley kitchen. When he was showing his off, I must admit I was intrigued. Little did I know there was a belated birthday gift waiting for me back on the east coast which was one of these wonderful gadgets. Three avocados latter and I’m loving it. The first avocado I purchased was huge. It took two passes to slice and scrape out all of the avocado tender flesh. The next two avocados were smaller. One I used the new slicer and it was sliced and even diced in seconds. The last one I tired the old tried and true paring knife. I will have to admit hands down the slicer wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment