Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wonder Woman

Who is my hero?

I was having a hard time choosing. Trying to pick a living person can be so hard and politically charged. I wanted to say all of our armed forces who put themselves on the line or work behind the lines to protect us, but unfortunately there are just enough ‘questionable people’ in any group I don’t feel like I can say that. I also regret that those people tarnish the reputation and the service of those who truly are doing their best to serve their country and mankind.

Then there is the world of super heroes. The magnification of what we want our heroes to be like. Some of the new ones are just too dark to choose. Yes, they have more depth to their characters then some of the ones of old but, well some of it is just “TMI” (too much information). So after some consideration I chose Wonder Woman (TV). A family oriented hard working super hero who does her best to help the world be a better place. I also feel I can relate to her. I am trying to take care of my family, work a full time job and do my part to make the world a better place. Okay so I don’t have the cool costume (yet), the magic lasso, or the ability to deflect bullets but I’ve got a good mind and good intentions. I might not have her connections to the Air Force but I do have a compost bin, a garden, time to give to friends and charities, and most importantly time to talk to my kids and read them bedtime stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment