Saturday, August 2, 2008

Boring Bentos

I need to add some life to the kids lunches. They seem to be enjoying their bug spoons and sporks, the little cupcake cup dividers and cute containers. They even seem to be enjoying the weekly cheese sandwiches, peanut butter sandwiches (hold the jelly please), English muffing pizzas, cheese quesadillas, mac & cheese with extra cheese stars, and cheese and cracker lunches but I’m getting bored packing them. They would be happy to say cheese based life forms but I believe it would be healthier for them to eat a variety of foods. I need to find some other things they will eat and will keep in a lunch box with an ice pack. I need to find a way to turn them onto tuna, humus, beans, lentils and such so I can add some variety.

One friend recommended sending lox and cream cheese, humus, or orange marmalade on mini-bagels, pitas, tortillas, or challah, prepackaged peanut butter or cheese crackers, granola bars, cereal bars, almond butter, butter, handful of nuts, raisins, and trail mix.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for lunches which will be welcomed and devoured by preschool kids?


No comments:

Post a Comment