Saturday, August 9, 2008

Wedding Breads

I'm helping with an after wedding reception party this weekend. The hostess seemed like she would appreciate some help getting the house ready and some help with the cooking. I helped a little with the cleaning and dropping off a few party supplies and then I got baking.

This past weekend I baked homemade spelt pumpkin bread in my new silicone bunt cake pan. I use the quick pumpkin bread recipe in my Joy of Cooking cookbook and substituted the wheat flour with spelt flour. I was a little concerned with using a new pan which could effect the cooking time. It looks like it turned out well.

I made a batch of pizza dough in the bread machine. I used the bread machine recipe but added 1 tablespoon of Italian herb seasonings and a teaspoon of garlic powder. I substituted the 3 cups wheat flour with 1 cup of whole spelt flour and 2 of white spelt flour. I then baked it in 2 8-inch square pans. It smelled wonderful and should taste just as wonderful with cheeses and the other things which will be served. I was inspired by some Italian flat breads I have had at a few catered events.

Lastly I baked a Sweet Whole Spelt bread in my Norticware Castle Bunt Cake Mold. This is another altered recipe from my Joy of Cooking cookbook. The only substitution I made for this one was switching the whole wheat flour for whole spelt flour. This is a very nice sweet bread with a slightly nutty taste.

I wrapped all three breads and have stored them in the freezer to keep them as fresh as possible. I pulled them out the day before and placed them in a cooler for them to slowly defrost in time for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment