Friday, August 1, 2008

Zucchini Experiment: Rice Pilaf

The zucchini are slowly coming in. I’m only averaging one a day but there are still many more blossoms. I decided to try to use the newly picked zucchini in a rice pilaf. The flavor was mild and much sweeter then I expected. The kids reaction to having green specks in their rice was exactly what I expected – “I no like that.” The husband went back for seconds. If I make this again I’ll be adding sautéed onions before adding the rice and I’ll toss in some frozen peas after it is done.

Zucchini Rice Pilaf

  • 1 T butter, sweet unsalted
  • 1 c short grain rice
  • 1 small zucchini, grated
  • 2 c water

Melted butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in rice and grated zucchini and heat through. Add water then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment