Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Beautiful Iris & Composting

I am happy to say the iris look like the are doing well. Pictured are Iris Sibirica Snow Queen (left), Siberian Iris Ceasar's Brother (above left) and Siberian Iris Pansy Purple (above right). The part of the tree stump garden they were panted in had a mixture of good quality topsoil and the red clay dirt I have everywhere.

The garden center keeps reminding me that with some organic material (aka compost) the red clay is wonderful material to grow a garden. Only time will tell until then I'll keep throwing all the fruit and vegetable kitchen scraps into the compost.

My compost seems to be going from too wet to too dry. One month I have weeds sprouting and then next growing mold. I'm not quite getting it perfect but its all slowly breaking down into a rick looking soil. I just keep hoping it all works out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment