Monday, September 15, 2008

Zucchini Freezing Experiment #2

Hmm, if I can grate zucchini and store it in the freezer for later maybe I can do slices. Well that was the next thoughts which lead to another experiment. I found 3 smaller zucchinis to experiment with. I sliced them into disk and lightly sprayed them with some cooking spray before spreading them out over a cookie sheet. I filled 2 sheets then stacked them. I slipped them into the freezer for a few hours. After they were completely frozen, I placed them into 2 freezer bags which I then put into a larger freezer bag. They looked good and are now in the freezer. Once I finish off the bin full in the refrigerator I’ll test to see how well the taste and texture holds up to freezing without any special blanching or other treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment