Friday, March 28, 2008

Coping with Butterflies

I decided to try to make a walk mural for my daughter’s room since all of the DIY shows make creating your own art look so easy. I went to the local craft store for some pre-cut butterflies and craft plywood. Then there was the follow up trip to Home Depot for spray paint, coping saw and sandpaper. I photo copied the pre-cut butterflies at various sizes for patterns. One sheet of craft plywood slowly became seven butterflies. The slippery kitchen counter was a difficult work surface until a friend suggested using one of the kitchen jar opener grips to keep the wood from sliding around. After the butterflies are all painted blue I’ll stick them artfully to her bright yellow wall with some double sided foam tape. Pretty art for a little girl and easily removed when she decides she it too old for butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment