Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Walking to Make a Difference

Fundraising is a unique position I keep putting myself. Considering I have a hard time asking for help for much of anything beyond advice or referrals it seems odd that year after year I put myself into the position to raise funds for others. Alone I can only do so much but with the help of those around me I can help to raise donations which can help improve the lives of so many. No one I know can afford to write endowment checks for hundreds or thousands of dollars but most have $5 in their pocket they are willing to put towards a good cause. Most often it just take asking or for the cause to hit home. We all care about so many causes but some mean so much more to us. I cared about breast cancer but the cause became so much more personal when I was told that what took Rachel’s life. Healthy babies meant a lot to me but when I delivered a premature baby it became very personal.

This year marks 21 years of fundraising for March of Dime® March for Babies™ (formally WalkAmerica®) and my second year for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. I am hoping for a day when every baby will be born healthy and no one has to fear the words breast cancer. If you have $5 or $10 to spare please consider making an online donation to either of these important causes.





Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
http://walk.avonfoundation.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1430&px=3209129


March of Dimes - March for Babies
http://www.marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=131000198&u=Merrily


No comments:

Post a Comment