Monday, April 7, 2008

Training Update: 4/7

You know it sounds like a good idea to train with the team and walk 7.5 miles until you have to get up on the weekend like it is a weekday. The weatherman was calling for temperatures in the mid 50s AND raining. What was I thinking? Oh, well you got to do what you got to do. It was time for positive thinking and a few prayers for only a light rain or sunshine.

It must have been a training walk that was meant to be. It stopped raining as I left the house and it actually got up to the mid 60s. The overcast skies made for a great walking day. Our fearless leader mapped out a fantastic route winding through nice neighborhoods. She made sure there were plenty of rolling hills to match the potential routes through Washington DC. We all paired up and took off. One group did a 14 mile route while the other two did the 7.5 one. I had a great walking buddy to chat with and keep up a decent pace. We kept a good pace and did our 7.5 miles in 2 hours and 20 minutes.

I had hoped to do another 6-7 miles on Sunday but the weather did me in. I am such a wimp. The stalled weather front brought rain and cooler temperatures. I stuck an arm out the front door and quickly retreated to the warm and dry house. I’ll have to try to do another walk a little longer next Saturday. I have 25 days more to get ready to walk 33 miles in one weekend. I just have to keep repeating “I can do it”.

The good news is I'm feeling good. A few stiff muscles but they are all working. The gardening I did in the afternoon might have been just the right amount to keep things from cramping up.

I just need $45 more in donations to meet the minimum to walk and $445 dollars short of my fundraising goal for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment