Monday, April 14, 2008

Training Weekend 4/14

It was another weekend training for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and preparing for the March of Dimes® March for Babies™.

The Avon Walk for Breast Cancer held training walks throughout the area to help prepare for the walk. Lucky for me there was a 6 mile training walk starting only a little more then 2 miles from my home. I walked to and from the ‘event’ and was able to get a good 10 mile walk in while meeting some interesting people. One of the walkers said she told her trainer she was going to only walk 6 miles on Saturday. She asked us when did 6 miles become ONLY 6 miles. In spite of forecast for rain we had great weather for walking with only a few sprinkles during my last 2 miles. I guess carrying my rain coat the entire walk once again guaranteed good walking weather. Now if I had thought sun instead of possible thunderstorms I wouldn't have sunburn matching my pink Avon t-shirt. I’m hoping on walk weekend the predictions are for good weather so I don’t need to carry rain gear. I checked and my hip pack and loaded belt weighed 8 pounds when I left the house. No rain gear would mean a lighter load. It was a good training walk. I managed 10 miles in about 4 hours plus a few breaks and learned I need to do more walking before the big weekend.

Everything seems to be falling in place for the March of Dimes® March for Babies™. Our walk is this coming Sunday and we are hoping for great weather, great turn out and lots of funds to help prevent prematurely and healthy babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment