Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Gluten-Free Ravioli

On my last trip to Healthway Natural Foods I found a wheat-free gluten-free ravioli. No one had tried it yet and they promised that if I didn’t like it I could return it. They said they value their customers input and want to keep them happy. So I decided to try it. I haven’t had any ravioli since I was diagnosed with a wheat allergy in 2002.

Last night for the first time in years I boiled pots of water to serve the family ravioli. I made small cheese ravioli made with wheat for the kids and I cooked up a bag of Conte’s Pasta Cheese Ravioli for myself. Their ravioli looked like tasty little pillows and kept their shape. The wheat free raviolis didn’t look as neat. Over half of the wheat-free raviolis pulled apart. I scooped up the tasty cheese filling with a slotted spoon as it was cooking. The noodles and the filling were very tasty. The ones that stayed together were even tastier. It was just the right combination of pasta and filling. I am hoping I just got a bag that was squished wrong and the next one will have more that keep together. Yes, I would say this is definitely a try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment