Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Favorite Bedtime Children’s books: Love Stories


There are two books which I love to read to my children. They make me feel all mushy inside and don’t even come close to telling my two little people how special they are.


I Love You Through and Through by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak (Cartwheel Books – Scholastic) is a wonderful book which goes through what you love about that special little person in your life. We all know we love their silly side and their mad side but how often do we really tell them that. The loving words are accompanied by beautiful drawings of a little person and their teddy bear. My kids like this one too since we play along. I’ve shown them or asked them where each body part such as their ears and toes are as we read along or we act out the emotions like their silly side and mad sides.

On the Day You Were Born by Debra Frasier (Red Wagon Books) is another loving book. This beautifully illustrated book describes how the world prepared for your coming. I like this one because it not only conveys how important and wonderful each little person is it also tells of how we are all intertwined with our environment. For this book the kids are starting to ask questions alike how the earth’s gravity keeps us from floating away.

I got bored the first time I read Good Night Moon but I have yet to grow tired of reading these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment