Thursday, July 3, 2008

Kid Bento Experiment: 7.2 - “Clam” Pizzas Pitas

This ocean theme bento included Pepperidge Farm's Gold Fish & Starfish, pea 'pearls' and 'clam' pizza pitas along with some chocolate chip cookies and oranges. This combination wasn't as successful as I had hoped. My son declared the cheese had black spots and he won't eat black spots. His dad ate one trying to prove the black spots (herbs) were yummy. Nope, that was not going to convince him. My daughter ate most of hers so I didn't completely strike out. I'll try serving this one again in a week or two.

“Clam” Pizzas Pitas


5 oz. cream cheese
1 T pizza spices
4 T milk
¼ c mozzarella cheese, shredded
Mini pitas

  • Mix with a fork cream cheese and milk until it is smooth, like a thick dip
  • Add spices and blend well
  • Add mozzarella cheese and blend well
  • Slice pita along edge
  • Stuff each with I teaspoon of cheese mixture


When the kids are a bit older or adventuresome I may try adding “pearls” to their clams: ½ cherry tomato, sliced olive, or sliced mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment