Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Kennedy Center


Shortly after I moved to the DC area my then boyfriend took me to a classical concert at the John F. Kennedy Memorial Center for the Performing Arts (more commonly know as the Kennedy Center). He was able to get what is commonly referred to as ‘nose bleed seats” but they were still fantastic seats. We could see everything on stage, the reaction of the audience below us, and the beautiful modern architecture. I remember the chandlers being so basic and so beautiful. The looked like hundreds of upside down simple crystal bowls from close up and from a distance they were just dazzling. The performance was wonderful.

In 2000, I went back as part of a DC Trolley monuments by night tour. This time I had another chance to admire the sculptures and art work along with the architecture.

Most recently I was there in 2007 with a few thousand other people getting ready to walk the 2007 Avon Walk For Breast Cancer. It was a fantastic back drop for the warm ups and emotional pep talks before we march out into the capitol city.

If you are interested in learning more about the Kennedy Center Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_Center ) has very good information. Information about performances and their educational programs can be found on their website: http://www.kennedycenter.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment